Nixon Shirt - Black Double "Calico" Twill
* Fabric: 5 Oz. black 100% cotton twill. Double-printed with two specific antique "calico" patterns on face and reverse, using a discharge-print technique. Milled and printed in Japan exclusively for mfsc.
* Trim silhouette with a 1940’s uniform vibe.
* Fancy double-layer left chest pocket with flap, known as “cigarette pocket”, in which you should put anything but cigarettes.
* Slanted opening right-side pocket with pen slot.
* Tonal corozo wood buttons.
* Chin strap collar, with vintage-style mfsc-embossed metal buttons on the collar band.
* Hi-count triple stitch construction.
* Green bar-tack accents on pockets.
* MF® Surplus green contrast chainstitch on the inside.
* Side gussets.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Nixon Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I often wear a Medium in mfsc shirting and I opted for a slim-fitting Medium in the MF® NIXON Shirt.
Machine wash inside out with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
The pattern of our ‘Nixon’ shirt is largely inspired by an original 1950’s vintage “Roomy Richard” chambray work shirt, a now-defunct American workwear label established in the late 1920’s.
The main appeal of that vintage piece was for us the tricky double-layer ‘cigarette’ chest pocket pattern, somewhat reminiscent of the famous Big Yank pocket, familiar to all vintage clothing aficionados. That pocket was designed to keep the worker’s cigarette pack dry.
Beside this fancy characteristic, our Nixon shirt features a chin-strap, triple stitch construction and side gussets, all classic attributes of old-school vintage work shirts.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.