Patrol Shirt - Arctic
* Fabric: “Arctic” Weather Cloth: crispy all cotton tight weave popeline, unbleached white. Woven in Japan. The Arctic option features olive green corozo buttons and tonal stitching.
* Comfortable fit.
* Double box-pleat chest pockets, buttoned flap.
* 1940’s style collar pattern.
* Early custom uniform tailoring button placket.
* Elbow reinforcement patches.
* Side gussets.
* Double front & back expansion EZ-pleats on shoulder yoke.
* Corozo buttons, aka ‘ivory nut’, 100% wood.
* High stitch count 100% cotton stitching.
* Vintage ½ cm wide flat-felled seam side construction.
* Double inside labeling: simple ‘minimalist’ neck patch (unbleached popeline stamped with sizing), and woven ‘Sea Hunt’ rayon label on bottom front panel (inside). Both to accommodate your own custom markings, if desired.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Patrol Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a Medium in all three options of the Patrol Shirt.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Throwing military/safari/uniform details in the MF® blender, the resulting Patrol Shirt is an apparently simple looking shirt. It features some fancy details however, most of which only the wearer will notice.
Take a look at the bottom of the button placket, on the inside, and you will see some interesting folds and challenging pattern making magic. Elbow patches, box-pleat pockets, expansion ease-pleats, rounded wrist cuffs… and other details complete our Patrol Shirt.
The fabric of choice for this shirt is what we are calling ‘weather cloth’, a reference to a tight plain weave popeline type of fabric quite in use in the old days for outdoor gear, as well as in the military.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.