Trade Shirt - Double Calico Twill
* A crisp 5 Oz. black 100% cotton twill, double-printed with two specific antique calico patterns on face and reverse, using a discharge-print technique.
Milled and printed in Japan exclusively for mfsc.
* Pull-over tunic style.
* Double-side printed fabric (non-reversible garment).
* Stand collar with chin strap.
* Back panel and cuffs shearing.
* Tonal corozo wood buttons.
* Indigo popeline button placket facing, with period-style “Union” ticket.
* Early European-style side gussets, arrowhead patch pattern.
* Flat felled chain-stitch seams and single needle machine construction.
* 100% cotton tonal stitching.
* Original mfsc “SURPLUS” woven rayon patch.
* Made in Japan from fabric milled in Japan.
The MF® Trade Shirt in double calico comes raw/unwashed, and will all shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to figure which size will work for you.
CL's Advice: I often wear a Medium in mfsc shirting and I opted for a comfortable Medium in the MF® TRADE Shirt.
Machine wash inside out with cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
An original mfsc pattern, early American homesteader style, a silhouette reminiscent of old Frontier days and Native Americans adopting non-traditional western fashions, as seen on period field photography.
The calico pattern we selected came from the archives of a Parisian industrial drawing study, who apparently got contracted by a textile-printing mill for original fabric prints, sometimes in the 1930’s~50’s. We scored these hand-painted goodies in a Parisian flea market, years ago.
One of the pattern is a fairly traditional stripe-effect repeat (fabric of the Nixon Shirt), contrasting with the more “Liberty Print” or polka-dot style of the other (Trade Shirt).
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.