* Fabric: 10 Oz. indigo-dyed 2×1 denim, solid white ID selvedge. Milled in Japan.
* Waist length.
* Side cinch straps, mil-specs metal sliders.
* Selvedge waistband, chest pocket fold and inner pocket.
* ‘Bat sleeve’ pattern with gusset for arm hole comfort.
* Expanding box pleat chest pockets.
* Inner chest pocket.
* ‘Burst of Glory’ type metal buttons, painted black.
* Adjustable cuffs.
* Chainstitch construction, black 100% cotton thread.
* mfsc ‘tailleur‘ woven label on the inside waistband.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Utility Jacket comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I had to size down on this one, and opted for a small, preferring the fit on me over a medium that looked too big.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
For the pattern of the MF® Utility Jacket we used a first issue HBT M1941 utility jacket and gave it an update for a contemporary fit. The choice of fabric is inspired by locally-made garments using left-over surplus stocks of fabrics.
The fabric is that of the Utility Pants, Denim, inspired by the lightweight 2×1 denim of original 40’s-50’s US Army barrack bags. Expertly milled in Japan our 10 Oz. indigo-dyed selvedge denim features a slight nep (woven ‘imperfections’ in the form of tiny whitish cotton balls), with the stiff-dry-crispy feel of NOS denim.
As a ‘work’ garment, our jacket looks quite subtle from the outside. We opted for black-painted ‘burst of Glory’ type metal buttons, black color cotton thread tonal stitching, and a skillfully orchestrated selvedge galore on the inside. Please note the the attractive lapel line curve and the armpit gusset construction.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.