Veste Belleville - Stripe Covert
* A lighter 9 Oz. covert woven stripe 100% cotton fabric, milled in Japan.
* Utilitarian unmarked ‘donut’ metal buttons (copper for the indigo, brass for the covert).
* Three outside patch pockets (chest pocket fits iPhone, we’re hi-tek like that)
* Indigo Wabash twill concealed chest pocket, featuring the MF® woven label.
* Indigo-dyed poplin button & button hole placket facing.
* Vintage off-set shoulder seam pattern.
* Arms mounted with piping method, indigo-dyed tape.
* Flat-felled seam construction.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Belleville comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: We recommend sizing down on both the indigo HBT and the grey covert. I usually wear 38 (Medium) in mfsc jackets, but went with a 36 (small) with the Belleville.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Our Mister Freedom® jazzed-up interpretation of this classic, is a style familiar to most today. It is mostly known as the French work jacket, and often referred to as ‘bleu de travail’ (work blues) in its homeland. Our interpretation features the typical two-piece spliced collar, a staple of these French workwear chore coats.
This jacket feature a 100% cotton stripe covert fabric, a sort of heather charcoal grey salt & pepper with a subtle woven stripe pattern, developed from a vintage swatch of 1930’s French workwear NOS textile.
The Belleville is the companion of our Gilet Gadjo and Le Valseur trousers. Pair it as a set and call it le French leisure suit.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.