Berkeley Pull Over Shirt - Indigo Bleeding Madras
* Fabric: A distinctive selvedge woven plaid inspired by antique Japanese indigo textiles and vintage madras fabrics, 100% cotton, milled on shuttle powerlooms in India
* Pull-over type.
* Short sleeve.
* Button-down collar.
* Corrozo wood “Cat-Eyes” buttons.
* Two inverted-pleat chest pockets.
* Selvedge side gussets.
* Tailored-style sleeve setting.
* Chain-stitch construction, featuring “Sportsman” green thread accent on inside.
* MF® woven “Sportsman” rayon label.
* Designed and made in USA from madras fabric milled in India.
The Mister Freedom® Berkeley Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a Medium (15-15½) in most mfsc button-down shirts and I opted for a comfortable yet trim Medium in the BERKELEY shirt.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Note: The Mister Freedom® BERKELEY shirt will subtly “bleed” and naturally age and fade with repeat wear and wash, like vintage madras garments did. This will subside with wear and washing.
With the Berkeley Shirt we are aiming for a vintage preppy vibe, so we have put together a no-frills pull-over type, button-down collar and short sleeve shirt, a nod to 1960’s American campuses attire. The moniker is an obvious reference to UC Berkeley, and its rich history.
To complete the reference to old-school collegial wear and casual Ivy-League style, we opted for madras plaids. Instead of replicating one of the hundreds of traditional madras plaid patterns, we tapped into our in-store archives of antique Japanese textiles for inspiration.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.