Continental Sportcoat - JC Black Denim
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by cotton work coats and other unstructured blazers, notably a 1950’s French postal uniform jacket.
* New Old Stock crosshatch pigment-coated denim, soft-hand matte black finish on indigo warp, 100% cotton, 12 Oz. Probable Kurabo (Japan) origin.
* Pocketing & half lining/facing: NOS fancy woven stripe 100% cotton plain weave (ivory white with blue & grey stripes), milled in Europe.
* Unstructured silhouette.
* Lightweight and easily folded, perfect traveling companion.
* Sixties-vibe high button front.
* Black corozo wood butons.
* Half shoulder floating lining, 100% cotton NOS fancy woven stripe twill.
* Side hip pockets with flaps.
* Pocket openings reinforced on the inside with facing fabric.
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching, all clean caballo (chainstitch) flat-felled seam construction, green color “Sportsman” signature chainstitch on the inside. No open edges or overlock.
* Made in USA.
Use code "Continental15" at checkout when buying 2 or more Continental garments for a 15% discount
The Mister Freedom® Continental Sportcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I personally opted for a Size 38 in the Continental sportcoat and vest, and Waist 32 trousers. These are my usual sizes in mfsc garments.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Wash separately. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
This classic and versatile unstructured blazer is a part of our “Continental” series, an unpretentious all-made-in-USA casual suiting concept. The pattern is deprived from a French 1950’s cotton khaki twill work coat, pulled out of an old trunk belonging to a French postal worker.
We adapted the vintage design to make it a bit more glamorous, but not going full Thomas Crown either. We aimed for ‘sporty playboy’ over 9-to-5 clerk. Yet, we wanted a casual sportswear feel.
The fit is quite relaxed, with darts to cinch the waist and a kind of drop-shoulder pattern for top volume.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.