Continental Sportcoat - Slate Grey
* An original mfsc pattern, inspired by cotton work coats and other unstructured blazers, notably a 1950’s French postal uniform jacket.
* Fabric: New Old Stock, 60% cotton – 40% linen, 8 Oz. denim twill, also with a probable Italian origin.
* Lining: New Old Stock, 100% cotton, natural white with woven blue stripe.
* Unstructured silhouette.
* Lightweight and soft.
* High button front.
* Corrozo wood butons.
* Half shoulder floating lining.
* Side hip pockets with flaps.
* Pocket openings reinforced on the inside.
* 100% cotton stitching, clean caballo flat-felled seam construction, green color “Sportsman” signature chainstitch on the inside. No open edges or overlock.
* Made in USA.
Use code "Continental15" at checkout when buying 2 or more Continental garments for a 15% discount
The Mister Freedom® Continental Sportcoat comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: The Continental Sportcoat is quite broad-shouldered and is not designed to fit like a bespoke Savile Row coat, but rather like a casual ‘unstructured blazer’. I am wearing a Size 38 in both charcoal and slate grey Continental Sportcoat. This is my usual size in mfsc jackets, although I have done a full rinse cycle with the Sportcoat, and used a heat dryer for about five minutes.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
NOTE: It is the nature of cotton-Linen blend textiles to wrinkle and stretch back and forth with each laundry/wear cycle. For example, freshly laundered linen garments fit tighter in the morning than at the end of the day. If you prefer a clean, pressed look following the initial soaking process, the jacket can be steamed or professionally pressed.
This classic and versatile unstructured blazer pattern is a part of our “Continental” series, an unpretentious all-made-in-USA casual suiting concept. The pattern is deprived from a French 1950’s cotton khaki twill work coat, pulled out of an old trunk belonging to a French postal worker.
We adapted the vintage design to make it a bit more glamorous, but not going full Thomas Crown either. We aimed for ‘sporty playboy’ over 9-to-5 clerk. Yet, we wanted a casual sportswear feel.
The fit is quite relaxed, with darts to cinch the waist and a kind of drop-shoulder pattern for top volume.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.