Californian Lot 64: LHT
Fabric: New Old Stock Cone Mills (Greensboro, N.C., USA) 13 Oz. indigo Left-Hand Twill denim, white/red line selvedge ID.
Pocket Bags: NOS 100% cotton indigo/white woven plaid fabric.
- Classic vintage five-pocket blue jeans pattern, featuring a straight leg with a slight taper and a classic mid-to-high rise.
- Button fly.
- Selvedge leg out seam.
- NOS indigo/white woven plaid 100% cotton pocketing.
- MF® original “M” stitch design on rear pockets.
- Hand debossed natural veg-tan cowhide leather MF® branded patch on rear pocket.
- Twelve types of 100% cotton threads (gauge and color combination) used for construction. Main colors are yellow and orange, with white accents.
- Coin pocket with concealed selvedge.
- Selvedge buttonhole fly placket.
- Hidden back pocket reinforcement rivets, with top pocket reinforcement zig-zag stitching.
- Unlined rear pockets.
- Original MF® silver-color ‘oxidized’ metal cast waist/fly tack buttons.
- Unmarked copper riveting for pocket opening reinforcement.
- Original MF® red paper pocket flasher .
- Made in USA
The Mister Freedom® Californian Lot.64MD comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry.
Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: The Waist size that will work best for you depends on how you like your jeans to fit. I opted for a W31 with this model (my current size in MF® Californians) for a comfortable fit with a snug top block and straight leg silhouette. For some body types, and due to the specific drape/weight of this LHT denim, the leg may appear to be more generous than other Lot 64's.
As with all denim twills, subtle shrinkage and stretching will occur for a while and will depend on the wearer’s body, activities and initial fit.
Please note that soaking in hot water or using an electric clothes dryer will hardly result in extra shrinkage after the initial cold soak. Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/soaked measurements. (soaked = 30-40 m. cold soak, spin dry and line dry.)
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina over time, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
Note: Due to the nature of indigo dye some color transfer is to be expected. This will subside with wear and washing.
Our classic Californian Lot 64 blue jeans feature a mid-rise, straight leg and a slightly tapered silhouette for that desirable 1960’s vibe.
This edition features an attractive and quite rare 13 Oz. left-hand twill denim, milled in Greensboro, N.C., by the legendary Cone Mills.
LHT weave is distinct from its more common right-hand counterpart, as it displays a wale diagonally-going from left to right, as opposed to, you guessed it, right to left.
Those familiar with vintage Lee® jeans will relate to this specific weave, as LHT denim has been the fabric of choice for many H.D. Lee classics, such as their iconic 101-J, Storm Rider jacket or Rider Jeans.
The Californian LOT 64 LHT is designed in California by Mister Freedom®, and manufactured in USA in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co., from NOS American denim fabric.