Map Shirt - Cavalry Twill
* Fabric: 100% cotton indigo ‘Cavalry twill’, 9.7 oz., solid white selvedge ID.
* USN-type chambray accents (collar facing, wrist gussets, pocket flap facing, inside pockets)
* Comfortable over-shirt fit.
* Two chest pockets with flap closure.
* Concealed button front closure.
* Selvedge button hole placket and front panel fold.
* One large map inside pocket, side opening.
* One concealed chest pocket, top opening.
* Light brown corozo buttons.
* Flat-felled seam construction.
* Tonal 100% cotton thread stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Map Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: It is intended to be a comfortable fitting shirt, easy to wear over a chambray shirt or t-shirt. If you are a Medium in mfsc jackets/shirts, you are a Medium in the Map Shirt.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The Map Shirt, while inspired by the M1953 Utility Shirt issued to the Marine Corps in the 1950’s, we figured we’d give that pattern a few MF® twists.
Our map shirt gets its name from the large concealed chest pocket originally designed to hold topographic maps. Being one of two interior pockets made from a cotton chambray, the shirt also features two exterior chest pockets with concealed button flaps. Both accented by the same USN-type chambray.
This obscure and dark selvedged denim-like twill is based on a small swatch of vintage indigo cavalry twill from the Mister Freedom® textile archives. Cavalry twill shares its origin with tricotine, a double twill the French came up with around 1886. After an initial cold soak, natural wear will bring out the indigo blue color over time.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.