McKarsten Trousers - HBT Denim
* A sturdy 10 Oz. HBT dark indigo denim, 100% cotton, milled in Japan.
* Vintage 1930’s silhouette, full leg/trim high waisted top block.
* Early tailoring split waistband, open back gusset.
* Cinch back, no back yoke pattern.
* MF® mfsc branded tack brass buttons.
* Fancy full top front pocket design and stitching.
* Utilitarian “carpenter” style rear patch pockets.
* Brass donut fly buttons.
* Thin & wide belt loops (accommodates 2’’ wide belts)
* Coin/watch pocket.
* Pocket bags cut from mfsc “NOS” double-sided calico print twills.
* Felled seam leg chainstitch construction.
* Contrast stitching.
* Single needle bottom hem.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® "McKarsten" trousers comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I could fit a snug Waist 30 but opted for a very comfortable Waist 32, and cinched the waist with the back strap.
Our target image was a vintage 1930’s silhouette, full leg/trim high waisted top block. These trousers feature a wide leg and high rise, an acquired taste by today’s menswear fashion standards.
Due to the split-waistband pattern, the waist is quite generous and the open gusset allows about one inch play.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The "McKarsten" trousers, another Mister Freedom original “might-have-been” pattern inspired by a pair of 1930's “Lakin & McKey” work dungarees. We thoroughly tweaked the pattern and turned them into a contemporary wearable, yet keeping the early workwear full leg-high rise style.
Our interpretation is otherwise fairly literal to the original’s period details: utilitarian dungaree pattern without back yoke, early tailoring split waistband open back gusset, buckle-back, branded tack brass buttons, full top front pockets with fancy stitching, utilitarian “carpenter” style rear patch pockets.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.