Ranger Shirt - NOS Olive
* Fabric: Crispy 100% cotton birdseye piqué fabric, vintage “BSA” olive color, NOS.
* Relaxed silhouette and fit.
* Double chest pockets, inverted box-pleat, red bartack accents.
* Chin strap.
* Full button front, featuring corrozzo wood 1950’s-style “Cat Eyes” buttons.
* Side gussets, self fabric.
* White cotton poplin button placket facing.
* Tonal stitching on denim model, navy blue stitching on olive model.
* Inside contrast red chainstitch.
* Made in USA.
The Mister Freedom® Ranger Shirt comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: These Ranger Shirts are true-to-size. I wear a comfortable medium in both options, my usual size in mfsc shirting.
Machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out to avoid marbling of the fabric. Line dry ONLY.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
The garment pattern of our Ranger Shirt is inspired by casual preppy shirting and 1930’s-40’s workwear-type shirting featuring a chin-strap. Nothing revolutionizing to see here, yet the Ranger is a versatile and timeless piece. It has been an instant hit at the MFHQ ever since its first iteration, made from an assortment of New Old Stock Madras fabrics.
This version features a crispy 100% cotton piqué, with a ‘birdseye’ woven texture reminiscent of certain 1950’s casual sportswear fabrics, in an olive green color similar to vintage 50’s BSA uniform shirts, as occasionally styled by France’s most notorious Boy Scout, debonair troubadour Serge Gainsbourg.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.