Riders - Indigo Jungle Cloth
* Fabric: 14 Oz. “Jungle Cloth”, 100% cotton grosgrain, period mil-specs, the notorious shell fabric of 1940’s USN deck jackets, dyed to a deep and dark indigo shade. Milled and indigo-dyed in small batches in Japan.
* Pocketing: Mil-Specs USMC vintage-style HBT fabric, Olive Drab, 100% cotton. Milled in Japan.
* Comfortable straight leg silhouette.
* Reinforcement stitching on waistband.
* Metal donut “wreath” buttons, flat black.
* Suspender buttons.
* Watch pocket.
* Side cinch straps, with military-style cinch buckles.
* Wide rear belt loop, special plumber’s edition.
* Flat-felled leg seams.
* Back pockets ‘sandwiched’ in side seams, Never Rippum-style.
* Tonal stitching.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Jungle Riders comes raw/unwashed and we recommend an initial 30mn cold soak and hang dry to get rid of shrinkage. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I am usually between a W30 and W32 in mfsc trousers, and opted for a W32 in the Riders. The waist of the W30 is too tight on me, and the W32 fits comfortably, albeit with a fuller silhouette in the leg.
Turn inside out and hand wash in cold water with mild eco-friendly detergent designed for delicate fabrics.
Note: The jungle cloth fabric is quite durable and will sure resist a washing machine delicate cycle, but the indigo will react to excessive and unnecessary agitation by leaving unattractive marbling marks, even if the garment is turned inside out. The first years of care are important to guarantee a nice and natural wear patina.
Color crocking (temporarily bleeding onto other lighter-colored textiles) is to be expected. Will subside over time.
Back by popular demand! We introduced our “RIDERS” pattern around 2009, as part of the “Speedsafe Clothing For Modern Riders” mfsc capsule collection.
This updated version boasts a new skin, a deep dark indigo-dyed jungle cloth, same luscious fabric already featured on two MF® classics, the Mulholland Master and Blouson de Quart of our 2016 tenth Anniversary collection.
To simplify hemming issues, we have removed the ankle pockets. Pocketing is made from a sturdy Mil-Specs USMC vintage-style HBT fabric, courtesy of Buzz Rickson’s. The wide rear belt loop however, special plumber’s edition, is still there.
This MF® garment is designed in California by Mister Freedom® and manufactured in Japan by Sugar Cane Co.