Shipyard Shorts - Navy
* Fabric: Tightly woven 100% cotton chino twill, woven in Japan. Very “crispy” feel and light weight.
* Comfortable fit, but not baggy.
* Wrap leg construction (no side seam)
* Front patch pockets secured in the waist band, copper rivet reinforced.
* Adjustable cinch back strap with NOS metal sharp prong buckle.
* Rear cotton cloth patch for custom stenciling, concealed behind back strap.
* Metal donut crest buttons for waist and fly, painted black.
* Tonal 100% cotton stitching.
* Crotch copper rivet, so no sitting in front of the fire.
* Made in Japan.
The Mister Freedom® Shipyard Chinos comes raw/unwashed, and will shrink to tagged size with a generous waist. Follow the usual recommended initial method before wearing: cold soak for 30mn, spin dry and line dry. Please refer to sizing chart to determine which size works for you.
CL's Advice: I wear a size 30 on the photos. Could go to 32 for a more roomy silhouette and cinch the waist. The silhouette is according to personal preferences, but i don’t recommend wearing those chinos tight. If you are a true waist 31, you will fit in a waist 30 in the shipyard chinos.
Hand wash or machine wash on delicate, cold water, minimal eco-friendly detergent. Turn inside-out. Line dry only.
This fabric will develop attractive patina overtime, according to the owner’s activities, frequency of wear and laundering choices.
These made in USA Shipyard Shorts are inspired by vintage work pants and naval dungarees. Originally issued as chinos, we have customized these utility pants into summer-weight bermudas with a handy side pocket.
We opted for a work dungarees design, rather than the typical USAF/USN traditional “chinos” pattern, while still using cotton chino twill. The pattern features an intricate wrap leg construction ie. no side seam, patch pockets and an adjustable cinch-back.
This MF® garment is designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.